Checklists Needed for Office, Industrial, Warehouse and Retail Moves
Select a mover partnership that has you covered from Start to Finish.
Moving your business office to a new location is a substantial project, even for a small business with only a few employees on site. It will require a detailed plan; team assignments; the hiring of numerous companies that specialize in numerous aspects of business relocations; a significant amount of communications planning and meetings with staff, service providers and clients; and much more.
Select appreciates the amount of work required to pull off a business-related move and is ready to help from start to finish. This blog post was created to help you begin to get your head around the effort, select some planning tools, and start planning!
Here’s a Starter Checklist to Help You Start Your Checklist Planning Today!
- Develop a living project plan the team can work on in a collabrative effort (include everything from address-change-issues to lock-the-door on the way out)
- Select staff team members
- Develop a communications plan (integrate into the project plan)
- Do a customer impact assessment and develop a mitigation plan (integrate into the project plan)
- Select an Asset Inventory/Asset Tracking solution
- Inventory all physical assets to be moved
- Select vendors (such as)
- Commercial mover
- Furniture installation/reconfiguration service
- Architectural planner (new location)
- Cabling company
- Telephone/data (POTS, T-1, ISDN, DSL) company
- Network (upgrade, back up, prepare for move) company
- Security systems consultant
- Secure document destruction and removal
- Industrial plant equipment setup
- Hazardous materials handling/disposal company
- Clean-up janitorial service
- Horticultural plant-care specialist
- Document where all assets will be placed (in the new location)
- Keep working and updating the plan, work the vendors, communicate, communicate, communicate!
Contact us today and we will help you every step of the way.